You can enable and disable Salesforce settings that can improve users’ mobile experience. Be aware, however, that these changes apply to the full org. From Setup, enter Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Salesforce Settings.
Onboarding tips refers to in-app guidance and walk throughs.
In-App Help Portal—Get information on the spot with in-app help, which has practical guidance for end users. Highlights include the App Launcher, the Mobile Only app, and a thumb-friendly navigation shortcut for iOS users.
Feedback helps Salesforce improve the user experience for you and everyone, so we made some changes to make it easier to let us know what you think or to get help. If you need help, we offer links to the Trailblazer Community and Salesforce support. When you give feedback, you can pick from a list of subjects to help zero-in on the area. And skip typing out lengthy issue descriptions by attaching a screenshot.
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience in Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions. A similar version of the feedback form appears in all versions of the Salesforce mobile app.
How: Open the Help Menu from any page in Lightning Experience, and select Give Feedback to Salesforce.
Sales reps can save time and eliminate typos by using the Salesforce mobile app to import contacts from mobile device contact lists into Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce mobile app, navigate to where you create contacts.
- Tap Import from Device to open the device’s contact list.
- Select a contact.
- To associate the contact with an account in Salesforce, go to the contact record in Salesforce and add an account.
When importing contacts from a mobile device, these fields are mapped from your device’s contact to the Salesforce contact.
- Home Phone
- Mailing City
- Mailing Country
- Mailing Postal Code
- Mailing State
- Mailing Street
- Other Phone
- To use the Import from Device button, you need the Allow Salesforce to import Contacts from mobile device Contact lists permission.
- When importing contacts from an Android or iOS device using Salesforce into an org that has State and Country picklist fields enabled, the State field isn’t populated.
- If you have multiple mobile phone fields in your mobile device’s contact, and the Phone field in Salesforce is empty:
- The first mobile phone field maps to the Phone field in Salesforce.
- The second mobile phone field maps to the Mobile field in Salesforce.
- When you select emails from the mobile device, the Salesforce mobile app typically pulls the second email address location. If labels are created on the device, the integration tries to map from the local work email address to the standard contact email address in Salesforce.